I have always thought that I am not an overly picky person, but the other day a friend of mine at work was telling me about the list that she and her roommate started of all the things they wanted their future significant other to be or do or have. This got me thinking, what would my list be?
So in the spirit of the Shelia Taylor philosophy, I am putting my list out in the universe. So you hear that universe, BRING IT.
THE LIST
1. You must have a sense of humor and one that is quite varied. I want you to see the hilarity in the nuances of everyday life as well as be able to laugh at the adolescent poop joke that I tell.
2. You have to get the fact that my friends are important to me and your friends should be important to you. I have never liked when people enter into relationships and completely lose touch with the people that have been in their life for longer.
3. You must love to cook and love to eat. I want someone who enjoys a fine meal and is willing to cook one for me.
4. You are not allowed to be allergic to my cat. I will always choose her over you.
5. My job is important to me and there are times when I work silly hours. Its either ok with you or not, but that's the way it is.
6. If you have a tattoo, that is a plus, but there needs to be a meaning behind it. If you are going to put something on your body forever, realize that is how long its going to be there.
7. You must like sports. I realize that most guys do, but I have met those who don't and that is just strange. I love sports and during the fall watch them obsessively.
8. You have to love music, good music that is... It will be important for your musical tastes to line up some what close with mine, because it is never fun to ride in a car with someone who hates your music.
9. You will have a healthy sexual appetite. I like doing it. You should too. More importantly, you should really like to make out and please don't suck at it. Seriously, how do people become bad kissers? Girls who continue to allow guys to be bad kissers are just as much to blame. Teach the poor kid instead of perpetuating the horribleness. (I digress.)
10. I want a guy who can tell me I am beautiful and mean it and not just say it to get into my pants. Trust me fellas, girls know when you are just a horndog.
11. You have to be ok with the fact that even though I am not the most religious person out there, I still have faith and there is a higher power that I believe in and look to. I, in fact, would hope the same from you. It sucks to live a life having faith in nothing.
12. Understand the fact that I have done some really fucked up things in my life. I don't expect you to condone them, but please don't judge me for them either.
14. Be the guy who walks on the side closest to the road when we are on a sidewalk just because its second nature and that was the way you were brought up.
15. Have a good relationship with your family. I love my family and would do anything for them, you should be the same.
16. Offer to pay for dinner and mean it. I will be fair with you and pay my fair share, but seriously, make the gesture.
17. Surprise me. I don't care what with, but on occasion, I want to be genuinely surprised by something nice.
18. Give me flowers. (ok, this is probably the cheesiest thing on the list, but I have seriously never gotten flowers from a guy.)
19. Be able to carry a conversation with me, be it about television, sports, movies, music, politics, entertainment news, or any number of topics that could come up. I am a talker but I want someone to listen to as well.
20. You will love me for all the crazy, obscure, random, silly, random and ridiculous things that I am and no worries, I will do the same in return.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The Universe will bring you a guy that will have all that!!
Post a Comment