Among my friends and even some acquaintances, I am known to be a person who is plagued by many different quirks.
One of these quirks is how odd little things annoy the ever living bejeebies out of me. I think the weirdest one is my food quirk. My food quirk is actually a series of many different little quirks that make me the crazy that I am.
1. My food cannot touch. It drives me almost to the point of tears when the food on my plate touches. I know what you're going to say, "Its all going to the same place." Yes, this is true, but I want it to stay separate until it does. If I could eat with an elementary school cafeteria tray for the rest of my life, that would be amazing, my green beans staying with my green beans, my corn staying with my corn and both of those things staying away from my fried chicken. The vegetable juices would get the crispy delicious soggy and that would be HORRIBLE.
2. If I get a sandwich, i will most likely rearrange it to make sure that every bite gets the perfect proportion of all of the layers of sandwich. If there is huge leaf of lettuce that is hanging out all over the place, I am most likely tearing it into smaller pieces that will stay with in the circumference of the bun. If there are two slices of tomato, I may be cutting them into pieces that fit together like puzzle pieces so that every bite gets the same amount of tomato. If there is a sauce, I am pulling both sides of the bun off and equally distributing the sauce between both sides of the bun so that is there isn't one side that is soggier than the other.
3. If there are sauces, I am going to want one of each. I love sauce. Prime example of this is Miyos in Columbia, SC. (side note - This is the best Asian Fusion restaurant I have ever been to in my entire life. The fact that I called this place an Asian Fusion restaurant makes me want to punch myself in the face.) Miyos has some of the best fried rice ever and it only becomes even more awesome when you add EVERY SINGLE SAUCE THE RESTAURANT SERVES. My fried rice at Miyos will have duck sauce, the brown soy vinageratte and the spicy red make your everything burn sauce all mixed into it.
I am sure this list is much much longer but I am quite certain that the more I talk about being odd, the more that I will get teased for it.
Please be kind and don't MIX MY FOOD. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh you never have to feel bad about food quirks around me. My list is just as long and has frequently been mocked by EVERYONE in my life. So Amen sista!
Post a Comment