
Every now and then I like to shake my groove thing, tear up a dance floor, cut a rug or plainly put, just dance.
Before I move forward with this story, I must apologize to all the dance teachers I've ever had in entire life. This story is no reflection on your teaching skills, only my awesome dance ability.
Last night, at my favorite home away from home, The Gin Mill, I boogied down. I got hot and sweaty and was very very dancy.
I am the first to admit that I have been one to judge people, looking at people and formulating conclusions in my head. As much as I judge, I hate being the feeling of being judged by others. I have this deep seeded fear of people looking at me and speculating about the person that I am or the actions that are taking place in front of their eyes without knowing any of the background information.
With all of that being said, last night, I danced without fear of judgement. I threw my hands in the air and waved them like I just didn't care. Silly as it may seem, I let loose and had one of the most fun nights that I have had in a while.
So turn up the music and shake what your mama gave you. (May I suggest some 80's music? Erasure? Men at Work? Journey?) Trust me, it feels good. :-D
1 comment:
Amen Sista! Dance like no one's watching! Sat. was so much fun! Can't wait until we do it again!
Post a Comment